What is the Safe at Home Program?
The Safe at Home Program is operated by Mercy Community Services North Qld. We offer monitored personal medi-alert alarms through a personal emergency response service (24 hour / 7 day a week/ 365 days). We provide support to those who wish to live a full and independent life but who require the assurance that if an emergency arises and assistance is needed, help is only a press of a button away. We are committed to providing service in a responsible and caring manner for our clients.
Our medical alarms play a key role in helping seniors, those with long-term health needs or those recovering from surgery throughout Townsville and surrounding communities.
Being a widower and living on my own, I find the 'Safe at Home Alarm' reassuring and a godsend should the occasion ever arise when I require immediate attention.Client Safe at Home ProgramKeith
How does the Medi-Alert Alarm work?
Our medi-alert alarm pendants/wrist alarms are small and light-weight, which makes for ease of wear and are equipped with an easy to locate button that you press when assistance is required.
Should the alarm be activated, a duress call is immediately sent to Tunstall’s 24-hour response centre. A highly-trained response operator will assess who the caller is, where they live, any major medical conditions that the client may have and who should be contacted. The response operator will speak with the client and discuss their condition and what action needs to be taken, such as contacting a nominated emergency contact person and/or emergency services personnel.
HELP IS AVAILABLE IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
Simple to Install
The Liberty 300 alarms could not be simpler to install. The unit is fully self-contained and comes with it’s very own mobile 3G network SIM card and can therefore be installed in minutes. It simply plugs into any existing power connection, instantly taking care of any emergency that may arise.
- Liberty 300 3G Medical Alarm When activated this alarm dials a 24-hour response centre and is supplied with a personal radio trigger that can be worn on the wrist or around the neck as a pendant, allowing the user to activate an alarm call from anywhere in the house, without having to struggle to a phone. The pendant can be fitted with a easy-press adapter, a silicon case that improves the sensitivity of the alarm button for those with limited hand or finger movement.
- Fall Detector Pendant This small, lightweight device will automatically detect if the wearer has fallen and raise an alarm call for help, via a paired medical alarm unit.
- Smart Hub Alarm Each Smart Hub is supplied with a personal pendant that can be worn on the wrist or around the neck, allowing the user to activate the alarm call from anywhere in their home, without having to struggle to reach a phone. When the Smart Hub is activated in an emergency it puts you in contact with a 24/7 monitoring centre and trained care consultants.
The Safe at Home Program Medi-Alert Alarms include:
- Fast efficient installation and backup service
- Maintenance of all equipment
- 24 hour monitoring service from the Central Monitoring Centre
- Immediate response to all alarms activated
- Notification of identified persons on the contact list when the Ambulance has been dispatched
- Visits from the co-ordinator to manually test alarms
- GPS locator watch
- Townsville and surrounding communities
- Ayr and surrounding communities